Being a big fan of the 1996 original, I honestly have to say that I wasn't so impressed with this sequel. The movie was just to weak for me. It tried it's best to lift it's self up to the blockbuster status of its predecessor, but failed woefully , and these are the reasons why :
1. I personally think it was not such a good idea putting Liam as one of the movies leads as most of his performances appeared quite cheesy to me.
2. The lady, Jeff Goldblum's Love interest in the Movie is probably the worst actress I have ever seen...WTF!!?? I don't know her name and trust me,...I don't want to.
3. The visual Effects in this movie were so overdone, the were lame. Less is more Emmerich.
4. Action scenes and sequences were overdone,along with the deficiency in heart racing destruction scenes as scene in the first movie.
In a nutshell, "Independence Day : Resurgence" lacked the wonder and awe that engulfed my mind when seeing the first movie. Nothing special was felt after I saw the movie,and that disappointed me a lot. Most Critics praised the movie's humour, but I don't see any reason to. Like every thing else in the movie, "Resurgence" tries to be funny, but fails at that. The Movie was just too fast paced, you are not given time to understand what's going on.
On a lighter note, there are some scenes that I actually found exciting. The scene where the alien queen chases the school bus filled with kids really got my heart pumping a little, even when I knew she would not catch them. The scene gave me a feel of such situations seen in adventure blockbusters of the 90s, in which kids are put in distressing and helpless situations as seen in Speiberg's 1993 Classic "Jurassic Park" with Tim and Lex being attacked by that T-Rex. Ronald Emmerich obviously had a good vision for the movie, ..but...ehhhh......Nah. didn't work for me. Although the movie was not a total failure, I still think that if a sequel to this is being mad, the seriously need to up thier game, like way up.
My TRC rating for this movie is nothing more than 40%.
Oh....and I'm sure after watching this Will Smith be like "Damn,..Thank God I wasn't in that.


No comments:
Post a Comment